Friday, November 28, 2008

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. All the volunteers got together in the capital for a big celebration that was quite a lot of fun. I got to do a little beat boxing for the talent show, seemed like it was a big hit. Unfortunately a bunch of people from our group have had to leave for various reasons. This is always sad to hear and puts a damper on things. I am starting to get settled into my site making some new friends and improving my spanish, though i still have a long ways to go. My site is pretty disorganized, I can tell that getting people together to move forward on projects is going to be a big challenge, hopefully I am up to the task.
Life here isn't all rough, but its not all fun and games either. The community I work in is extremely poor, there isn't much in the way jobs. People pretty much live off what they grow in the farm. That being said, everyone is very happy and friendly, even though they don't have the material comforts that we have, they certianly enjoy life. I hope everyone back home is doing well, I miss everyone a lot. Send me updates even if i don't get back to you. Its nice to hear from the outside world

No comments: