Thursday, October 30, 2008

So we have officially sworn in as Peace Corps Volunteers. I have seen my site and it is pretty sweet. There is quite a lot that could be done there. i am in a campo, its pretty small, around 300 people, and its very poor but the people are awesome and so welcoming. There are a ton of mosquitoes and it is pretty hot, but the area is gorgeous, there are mountains surrounding me on all sides and a river right next to my house. I will be doing quite a few things at my site, working with the agriculture group, organizing youth activities, teaching english, teaching health, learning spanish, learning how to dance, and anything else that they throw at me. It is a bit intimidating, but I am looking forward to the challenge. Unfortunately there is no internet cafe in my site and the closest one is six miles away apparently so updating the blog might be hard. The good news is i get cellphone service pretty consistently so people can call me anytime. ]
anyways, life is good i am enjoying it here and am looking forward to whatever happens next

No comments: